6 Small Steps To Gain Muscle!!
Gaining muscles have many beneficial effects on health. It helps boost metabolism, prevent osteoporosis, lose weight and keeps it under control. Moreover, it gives an aesthetic appearance to the body by improving curves and getting rid of unwanted flabs in the body. Sometimes it is hard to gain muscle, even if you hit the gym each day and train hard. Hopefully, these little yet effective tips will help you reach your fitness goal.
- Do your cardio training before lifting: Cardio exercises break down muscle fibers, making it harder to build muscle. Thus to build muscles go for cardio first then do the lifting.
- Incorporate more protein-rich foods into your daily diet: When trying to gain muscle, make protein your best friend. Protein helps you pack on lean muscle and prevent muscle catabolism. Include protein in every meal, opt for protein-packed snacks and add plant-based protein powders to your smoothies, if required. Whole grains, vegetables, beans, legumes, leafy greens, eggs, seeds and nuts are all excellent sources of protein.
- Consume more calcium-rich foods: Calcium helps build and repair muscles, and keeps your bones dense and strong. Cow€™s milk is one of the best known sources of calcium. However, people with lactose intolerant can incorporate other alternatives of calcium-rich foods, such as spinach, leafy greens, almond milk, tofu, soy milk, seeds and nuts or chia seeds, into their eating plan.
4. Stay hydrated throughout the day: Staying hydrated is necessary for any metabolic purpose- whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle or improve your overall health. Drink up to 7-8 glasses of water a day, but keep in mind that tea, coffee, juices and sodas don€™t count.
5. Eat immediately after you exercise: Not only does eating immediately after you exercise help gain muscle, it also maintains your energy levels during the day. When exercising at the gym, opt for carb and protein-rich snacks, such as hard-boiled eggs, pumpkin seeds or nuts. If you work out at home, opt for a green smoothie or cottage cheese. Energy bars are easily accessible but do not help in gaining muscle and only increase your calorie intake.
6. Get enough sleep
It becomes necessary to get enough sleep each night for your overall health and helps gain muscle. When you sleep your muscles recover and cells promote muscle building. When you don€™t get enough sleep, your muscles don€™t have enough time to recover and become fatigued over a period of time. Aim for at least 8 hours of sleep every night to build muscle naturally.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.