7 Crucial Reasons to Eat Your Apple a Day
Fortified with essential vitamins and minerals, Apples are an excellent source of fiber as well as they are delicious and versatile and are easy to include in your daily diet. Apart from raw apples; apple chips, apple pie, apple smoothies, caramel apples, apple juice, baked apples are all good options to eat. Some of the important reasons to eat apples everyday are:
1. Apples contain powerful antioxidants Although most fruits and veggies contain antioxidants, apples are plentiful in one of the most powerful antioxidants, quercetin. Quercitin helps combat free radical damage, boost your immune system and prevent different kinds of diseases. There is no particular time or way to eat an apple. You can have it in the morning as your morning smoothie, snack on it during your lunch time by adding it in your fruit salad or before going to bed. If you like binging on chips, but still want to stay healthy calories, making apple chips. They are incredibly tasty, and make a great snack for the kids.
2. Apples keep your eyes healthy With their high antioxidant content, apples help maintain clear vision and boast fantastic eye health benefits while preventing cataracts. Numerous studies show that people who consume antioxidant-rich fruits, like apples, are less likely to develop cataracts.
3. Apples are rich in fiber Being an excellent source of fiber apples help regulate digestive system, and maintain your intestinal health. Fiber present in apple helps attain satiety and thus is a great and healthy snack between meals. It also helps in reducing cholesterol levels and prevent diarrhea and constipation.
4. Apples help detoxify your liver Want to keep your liver healthy? Eat an apple daily. Healthy liver is able to keep harmful toxins out of the body. It is a natural detoxifier for the liver. So enjoy your apple every day.
5. Apples keep your heart healthyApples are known to keep the heart healthy and normally functioning. The fiber in apples helps lowering cholesterol levels, thereby reducing your risk of heart disease. Moreover, apples can aid in preventing the buildup of arterial plaque. Incorporate apples into your daily diet and lead a healthier, disease free life.
6. Apples boost your endurance To boost your endurance, eat an apple before working out. Why? Because an apple helps in increased oxygen availability in the lungs, making your workout session easier and longer. Drink an apple smoothie before running for better workout outputs!
7. Apples help lose weight The thought that dieters should eat mini apples throughout the day especially early in the morning is based on the fact that they are low in calories and can help suppress your appetite. So when hungry, binge on an apple rather than going for a candy bar or potato chips and reap all its health benefits. Not only for dieters, apples are great for everyone. Get creative to use apples every day in order to breakout of monotonous eating of raw apples by making smoothies, juices, fruit salads, pies sometimes by baking them.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 08032329292or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.