Benefits Of Beetroots
|The 10 major medical conditions beetroots can help treat are:
1. Arthritis In moderation, beets help prevent arthritis by dissolving deposits that accumulate around the joints,due to their high alkaline content.
2. Anemia The high levels of phosphorous, zinc, iodine, copper, calcium and potassium, combined with fat, vitamins (B1, B2, B6, P and niacin) help keep hemoglobin levels high.
3. Inflammation Thanks to a moderate amount of choline, beetroot helps maintain your muscles, memory, and cognitive functions, as well as help with insomnia.
4. Heart disease Rich, in nitric acid, beetroot helps your blood vessels relax and remain dilated, which prevents heart diseases caused by insufficient blood flow.
5. Dementia A recent study performed in the Wake Forest University confirmed that raw beet juice helps the transfer of oxygen to the brain. It keeps the brain in a healthy state and prevents the onset of dementia.
6. High blood pressure The nitrate in beetroot gets converted into nitric oxide €“ a key compound in relaxation and the widening of blood vessels. This process is highly beneficial to blood flow and circulation.
7. Arteriosclerosis Nitric oxide€™s benefits also help prevent and reduce the risk of arterial diseases like Arteriosclerosis.
8. Diabetes Alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that lowers glucose levels, is abundant in beets. It is also effective in reducing stress-induced changes in diabetics.
9. Anti-carcinogenic The phytonutrients present in the beetroot dictates its distinct color. These nutrients combat and help prevent the onset of cancer. It is believed to be effective in treating breast, prostate, and pancreatic cancers.
10. Low stamina Raw beet juice helps the muscles to oxygenate, helping us improve our tolerance to exercise. A regular intake of raw beetroot will help those with metabolic, respiratory and cardiovascular issues.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.