Health Benefits Of Dates
Dates have good nutritional properties. Therefore it is advisable to have dates in our daily diet. Some of the benefits of consuming dates:
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of dietary fiber, protein and vitamins like B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Great energy boosters, dates contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose.
5) Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Studies show that the risk of stroke is decreased by incorporating potassium rich foods
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also contain fluorine and thus help in slowing down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak overnight and consume them along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication. Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It may improve the sperm count when taken with milk.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.