How To Become A Healthy Vegetarian
When you decide to become a vegetarian: There can be two reasons would you decide to become a vegetarian. The first one is because you love animals so much that can’t imagine eating them, and the second one is because you want to feel healthier and live longer. Whatever your reason may be of choosing a particular eating habit, just remember to take note of the important steps you should take to become a healthy vegetarian.
1. Take out time with animals. Going vegetarian is one of the best ways to protect animals and set a good example for others. If you are facing difficulties in coping up with your severe meat cravings, consider having a pet in your house or volunteer at an animal shelter. It helps you to build a bond with animals and you stop visualizing them as something to eat and start appreciating their life.
2. Slowly incorporate new eating habits It is almost impossible to become a vegetarian overnight. Switching to any type of meal plan is a hard work. Just like you can’t learn a new language fast, you can’t change your eating habits in a day. Start slowly. Try lowering your meat consumption gradually over a couple of weeks. This way you will be able to get into routine and the sudden shock of giving everything up will not make you crave for them.
3. Try new flavours Plant-based dishes are also delicious. There are many interesting ingredient that our mother nature has given to us with surprisingly unique flavors. Next time you go grocery shopping, wander around the store and see what you can try instead of meat. While most people believe that going vegetarian is expensive, a savvy shopper knows that it’s not true. Meat turns out to be expensive than Vegetarian food.
4. Grab a vegetarian recipe book. If you are lost and don’t know how to begin, a good vegetarian cookbook may help inspire you to experiment with new ingredients and cook many incredible dishes. When you enjoy the food you eat, you don’t crave other ingredients, including meat.
5. Look for meat substitutes If you are a new vegetarian who can’t cope with meat cravings, consider adding some meat substitutes to your everyday diet. Soya mince and soya chunks are some of the best ones. Sprouts are rich in protein can be one of the options.
6. Add more of fruits and vegetables Including more fruits and vegetables in your daily eating plan is another step you should take to become a vegetarian. Think of all possible ways to add fruit and veggies to your dishes and eat them raw to take care of sweet and meat cravings. Try fruits in gluten-free pies and cookies, and dairy-free smoothies. Also add berries to water and tea. When it comes to vegetables, use them almost in every meal.
7.Keep a goal in mind When you are trying to become a vegetarian, it’s important to stick to your goal. Each morning remind yourself why you gave up meat. Whether your goal is to eat healthy, lose weight, save money or save animals’ lives, keeping this goal in mind can help you fight meat cravings and establish new eating habits. Spending time with other Vegetarians friends can also help you stay on track with your goal.
8. Keep a check on Daily Nutrient Intake. It’s very important to watch your nutrient intake on a daily basis in order to avoid any nutrient deficiencies. Your diet should provide your body everything it needs to work properly, so if you experience any health issues, it may be a sign your body is nutrient deficient. Adjusting to a new eating plan is never easy. You can always look for new ingredients to replace meat in your favorite recipes and also try some recipes as well, just be sure to watch you nutrient intake and fight your meat cravings.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com toh Book An Appointment.